View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:17 AM
jnagy1206

I lived in NY and met w/ friends in Queens often. It was never unusual to go to the local bakery & see Christopher Walken working behind the counter - it was his parent's bakery. He and my friend grew up on the same block, so he often spent time with us when he was in town. I also worked on Park Aveunue in the Four Seasons building & I guess I didn't get the memo because I showed up for work one day & tried to go in through my usual revolving door, but it was locked. Then all of a sudden a face pressed up against the glass from the inside with his tongue sticking out & it was Jerry Lewis. They were filming King of Comedy. He asked to meet me & apologized but said he couldn't help himself. He then took me out to lunch & I was later invited to a screening before it hit the theaters. And when I was very new to New York, I was jogging around Manhatten on a Sunday (kind of quiet) & a limo pulled up next to me. Out stepped John Denver. I blubbered like an idiot that I was his biggest fan, loved him, etc, and all the while jogging in place to keep my heart rate up. What a dork I was. But I was young & naive and in awe of New York City. Since then I have matured & learned composure. Or so I like to think. LOL