Old 07-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Alex J

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Originally Posted by Butterfli19
When I was younger I used to think you could - husband, kids, pets, job, house, extended family.

Now, not so much.

Now, even with older kids, husband long gone, down to 2 cats, both kids and 7 mo gs, job, house, and immediate family, I still don't have enough time.

I decided to pick one main thing and get good at it and forget the others. Like, if I want to sell hand made items, it can't be baby quilts and doll clothes and handbags, it has to be one thing, otherwise, they will not be good enough. There seems to be, in my world anyway, not a lot of time to sew so that's my new plan.

Do you feel the same way? Please, someone say yes! :?
When I was younger I could juggle, kids, ball games, daycare mommies, volunteer work, hubby (although sometimes he was on the bottom of the totem pole, now he is at the top!!) and part time work along with the mowing and housekeeping and laundry.................................But now I limit myself to one or two things at a time.
I too when I was younger I was able to work nights, study during the day and went to school kept the kids cooked, cleaned, etc.. with no help. Today, I focus on on a few things at a time, such as work, because I have too, and work hard to perfect my quilting .