Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Quilted Dogs

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I well remember my very first Olfa Rotary Blade Cutter that I bought at the Seattle area's Sewing Expo oh so many, many years ago. Throughout the years I have bought replacements blades and actually learned how to replace the blades without cutting myself up. I added an Olfa's 45mm cutter to my collection but didn't use it much... UNTIL the cost of the 60mm blades began to go up.

Today I noticed someplace (sorry, don't remember exactly where I was looking) that an Olfa 60mm replacement single blade was $7, I decided to do an online search for 5 pak blades of this brand. Here's what I found.

These are costs of a 5-pak of 60mm Olfa blade replacements:

Overstock.com: 28.49 + 2.95 shipping= $6.29/blade

Olfa.com: 50.99 + 9.90 shiping= $12.18

Amazon.com: 17.65 + 4.99 shipping= $4.53

Buy.com: 36.28 + free shipping= $7.26

I didn't check out JoAnn's nor factor in their 40% & 50% off coupons.

My solution has been to get carpet cutter 45mm replacement blades and use them in my Olfa cutter. Sad to me because I have always enjoyed and appreciated Olfa's brand of products.
Wow, what information.......I work for an apt. complex and we have rugs replaced all the time by a company so mayb if I check with him, I might b able to get some blades cheap for my 45mm huh???? Thanks for the info.
Shar, if you have a Harbor Freight near you, that is where I get mine. Some people have not had success with these blades but I have, so far.
Cool, we do have one near me......in fact, I just informed someone to go buy a tote for their sewing machine there, cheap and nice, real nice but never thought of blades, thanks....are they round then to fit in the cutter? Is that what they use for rugs do u know?