Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison >

Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison

Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison

Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Even though I have the 60mm cutter, the one I use the most is the 45mm. Yesterday I ran over to the local Joann's because they had Olfa products at 50%off. The package of 5 blades used to sell for $32.99, now they are up to 34.99. For my purpose, the Olfa blades cut much better than the Harbor Freight blades, and I don't have to use as much pressure to get them to cut,plus they seem to last longer.

For me the best solution is probably the Accu cutter or what ever you call it now if I could just win one on the FabShopHop, I'll be all set.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM

To my suprise I found that if I use my cutter on the old soft white plastic cutting boards they dull in one big cutting. But on the hard thin green cutting boards I thought something was wrong because I am still cutting after four quilts two fleece throws and three cotton throws and my blad is still sharp.
Sunegal
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Doreen
Have you checked with LP Sharp.com. I've been getting my blades from him and you can send in your old sed blades and he will send you new ones I haven't had to purchase any from him but check him out.
I have been buying my blades from LP Sharp since they started in 1992. Always had good customer service.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Jacquie, how did you ever end up with 100 - 60mm Olfa blades? That is a lot!

Wolph33, love your puppy dog... the one with the waggily tail...

LP Sharp... thank you to all who mentioned the recycling that they do, plus the free shipping.

And to all who have mentioned eBay... knock my head... why didn't I think of that blades ago?

I am so happy with the solutions to my faint-heartedness of the cost of Olfa replacement blades... recycling and/or eBay!

:-D
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 PM

I have been buying and stocking a lot of Olfa blades both 45 & 60mm from ebay and haven't paid more the $3 as i remember so far. I guess i can't beat that because i love the olfa blades they last really long with me.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM

I carry KAI 60mm Round Blades, KAI 45mm Round, Pinking and Wave Blades in my online store. They're made in Japan of Tungsten Steel, are very sharp and will probably outlast eight of your recycled steel, bargain blades. These blades will also be very kind to your hands because they are very sharp. This means that you don't have to exert as much pressure when cutting.

Happy Quilting
Scissorman
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Good thinking...you go girl!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 AM

I'm using a Harbor Freight blade in my Martelli cutter. I run into an unseen pin, now it has a nick. I say a few blue words. That doesn't help. I run it over aluminum foil a few times (a hint that was here a few months ago) AND IT WORKS!!! NICK GONE!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Banned

Wow, the prices in the OP are outrageous. I guess I never noticed how much blades cost before; I just bought them as I needed them. I'm gong to try some of the suggestions in this thread to get them cheaper!