Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison >

Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison

Olfa 60mm Replacement Blades Price Comparison

Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 AM

I get mine on eBay. They ended up being about $3.00 per blade that way, but I had to try a few times, because I was placing bids. However, it was well worth the challenge, and I have blades to last a long long time. Has anyone tried the blad sharpening tool? I have been told that it doesn't work very well.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 AM

I got a lot them on e-bay 3 yrs ago and got them for about .80-1.00 each.I am going to cry when I have to buy more
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM

I tried Harbor freight blades and they cut worse than my dullest Olfa blade. Have had better success with titianum blades, as they seem to last longer.
IdahoSandy
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned

yep...they are NOT cheap...which is why I am stuck with a large QTY of them that I can never recoup my costs on!...

Good thing I quilt so I can use them!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ploverwi2
I get mine on eBay. They ended up being about $3.00 per blade that way, but I had to try a few times, because I was placing bids. However, it was well worth the challenge, and I have blades to last a long long time. Has anyone tried the blad sharpening tool? I have been told that it doesn't work very well.
IF you wipe the blade with a soft cotton cloth and run it through the sharpener after each of your BIG cutting days, or one day a week, it works fine...UNLESS you drop it and get a nick in the blade..then you can not fix the nick!

I have used the same OLFA 60mm blade for over a year, and I cut anything and everything with it...even ultrasuede..which dulls it a bit quicker, but I clean it, sharpen and off it goes again!

Of course with nearly 100 blades in my house(that I could not sell)..I really don't need a blade to last a year..but it is nice to know that it can!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Doreen
Have you checked with LP Sharp.com. I've been getting my blades from him and you can send in your old sed blades and he will send you new ones I haven't had to purchase any from him but check him out.
I use LP Sharp for my blades. They charge $5 for 60mm Olfa's and $3 for 45mm Olfa's, and generic blades are cheaper but the best part (for me anyway) is that it gives me a place to recycle old blades. http://www.lpsharp.com/
You send them your old blades and a check (or PayPal) for the replacement blades and they send you back brand new blades and don't charge for shipping. If you belong to a guild they have a program for that, also. I have tried the Harbor Freight blades and they are awful, and they are not big enough to fit in the 60mm cutters.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the LP Sharp info.

It looks like they resharpen/recyle blades. Recycling is good!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 AM

I get mine on ebay, much cheaper and I always get them quickly
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Delilah
I use LP Sharp for my blades. They charge $5 for 60mm Olfa's and $3 for 45mm Olfa's, and generic blades are cheaper but the best part (for me anyway) is that it gives me a place to recycle old blades. http://www.lpsharp.com/
You send them your old blades and a check (or PayPal) for the replacement blades and they send you back brand new blades and don't charge for shipping. If you belong to a guild they have a program for that, also. I have tried the Harbor Freight blades and they are awful, and they are not big enough to fit in the 60mm cutters.
THANK YOU....this is so perfect for my guild of older ladies...I sharpen what I can, but this recycling will be great as well!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 AM

thanks, ladies and gents for this thread!

i love to use 60mm vs 45's. but the cost is really outrageous. i will try ebay bidding in the future.

thanks again!