View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
PrettyCurious

I got one a red head, I think it's called, in cabinate, but needs a belt, for . . . get this . . . $10.

I always wanted one, but like Jacq said, they want over $100 for any old peice of junk, treadle or electric around here, too.
but I am a firm believer that if there's anything you need, you will find it at a garage sale, and you will have enough money in your pocket for it. If ya don't, then another will come along.

So I went to a garage sale on my way home, only had $14 in my pocket, saw two treadles, looked at em . . didn't dare touch em, cuz I didn't have that kinda of money . . saw no price, guy walked up and said "Pick one for $10" and I almost fell over, and I said "really?" then I think I gushed a bit, thanking him a lot, and promising to give it a good home, while loading it in the truck.

So keep the faith, and you'll get one!
I also got a Domestic Rotory for $15, a Singer Athena for $20 [machine was $5, manual cost me $10 on ebay, and foot petal cost me $5 for the machine it was attatched to] total. Shoot, I got my Janome at a thrift store and it was new in the box [discontinued model] for $30!!
Seriously, there are bargains to be had if you look around. I had no luck on CL. All my bargains were items I found while garage saling.