View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Muv

Here's another mystery machine. It's hardly a quiz, nothing cryptic, just a guessing game.

Earlier this year this machine popped up on Ebay. The advert was brief, it said that it was a Singer hand machine in good working order, Buy it Now, £5. And this is all the photo showed, the case. So I sent a message to the seller asking would they put a photo up of the machine please, and they replied, oops, forgot to upload the picture, yes they will. Then I thought about it. If it's a good machine and somebody else sees it first, it's gone. It was within an easy distance for me to go and pick it up. The case is in good condition, so that suggests that the machine should be pretty good. Even if it's not fantastic, it could be good for parts. And the case alone was worth the money.

So yes, you guessed it. I hit the Buy it Now button and gambled a fiver. When I contacted the seller to arrange to pick it up I asked her what model it was. She hadn't a clue. So it was all suspense until a few days later when I arrived to collect it and she took off the lid.

Now you can all experience the same suspense until I post the pictures on the Vintage Machine Shop Photos thread. See if you can guess the model, year, and decals. I won't be giving any clues, so jump straight in with a guess.

Sorry, no prizes. Just a bit of a lark.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221410.jpe