Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by desertrose
I used to be you also and I have tried to find that one dream I still have left that could help me make a living. I haven't yet and until I do I just listen to my heart and try what it says "that's interesting or I really like that pattern for pillows." Maybe you have a favorite pattern for pillows and a new interior designer that's looking for fresh talent." There's usually one area of sewing/quilting/designing we all like best. Find out what makes you come alive and do it. Even if turns out to be floral or garden design. {{{{HUGS}}}} :-D :-D :-D

I can't do a fraction of the things I did now that I'm in my mid 60's. I fall off into never never land while reading emails and try not to beat myself for all the time I should have used more wisely today. I have to leave should at the door mat and be glad I can still do what I do. If we fail to listen to our bodies God just unplugs me and makes me rest. Welcome to Twilight of our lives."
Did you read my mind? I didn't even mention in this post about extra $$ but that is also on my mind. I've wanted to have a business for about 25 years now but there is always something else, but maybe it's like you said that the thing the business should be just hasn't hit me yet. Even so when it does, I hope I have the stamina to see it through, or maybe the fun of it will be the energy.

As far as God making you rest, a few months ago I was pulled over for speeding on my way to work. Haven't been pulled over since I was a teen. Had the music loud and was just spacing out. Funny thing is, where the cop was there wasn't usually any cops there. So he does his routine, checks out my license, asks where I'm headed and after he tells me I can go - no ticket! - he says and by the way...SLOW DOWN! I tell you, with what was going on at the time in my head he was definitely one of God's messengers giving me a lesson. I remember that now, especially when I start to kick myself for not getting it all done.

You definitely have to pay attention to the signs.