View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:39 AM
NanaCsews2

I have a husband that does housework, yard work, dishes, laundry (washes and folds), freshens the bedding, washes windows, mows, weeds, builds, takes the dogs out, and still has time to watch the History and Military channels. He has to go go go and has no hobbies and is very content at picking up around the house. This in addition to a 45 work week and part time job that we use for extra money. Don't get me wrong, I do all those things to. We made an unspoken agreement when we first met that we do what needs to be done when we cant stand to look at it any longer or we need something done. We just flowed right into it and havent stopped 32 years later. He supports my sewing 100% because he knew I grew up doing it and was not going to let it go. He never complains about what anything costs. Of course, I put it in perspective for him. You can go mow lawn for 3.54 or you can look at my fabric stash and the completed projects that are still there. The gasoline has already vaporized. Yesterday he built me a big board to go over my wide board ironing board. And finished extending my cutting table that is now 10 feet long. He gets it. I am down sewing when he is in front of the TV relaxing after all that time on the go helping to get stuff done.