View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Mine are 2cm finished, because at the time, I could only find metric graph paper! It's very much a work in progress, as I only do it when I want a change from my current project. You can do anything any size you want
This is so lovely. Are you EPP these?
Yes, and I sew 16 together in a little block, and each block has one black square and one white one, just to keep an overall balance, considering that everything else is scraps, but I might have been in danger of getting too many of a similar colour in one area.
When you say black and white do you mean solid color or fabric that reads b or w? I really like the blue "borders" you've sewn in. Gives the eye a place to rest. I don't see a "glob" of any one color overall.
I have thought of doing a "hexie" quilt this size with EPP, but may change my mind and do squares instead. Thank you for sharing this lovely piece of work.
Yes, solid black and solid white. I do eyeball the pieces, it works out generally about an inch and a quarter so that I can turn over and baste. I started it when I had a lot of train journeys to and fro from home to Dublin - about 3 hours each way. I could put what I needed in either a large make up bag or a small zip lock bag, and I was occupied nicely. I would make a stack of 16 square blocks, and then finally started sewing them together. The blue was a bit of an experiment to see if they would stand out enough to be noticed, and break up the totally scrappy look. At the moment, it's about 5ft long, but I haven't done anything on it for ages now.