Thread: Wall Hangings
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:04 AM
k3n
Power Poster

My wall hangings vary in size from full bed size quilts to tiny ones. I hang a lot with stick n sew velcro. Sew the soft bit to a strip of hemmed fabric slightly wider than the velcro (I use the 2" for big quilts and 1" for smaller ones). Then slip stitch this to the back - it should be about half an inch shorter than the width of the quilt at each side and I put it at the top, just under the binding; then the sticky part - I HAVE been known to stick it directly onto a painted wall! What you should do is stick it to a batten of wood and screw it to the wall - but DH isn't always here when I want him! Anyway, the one's I've stuck directly to the wall are still hanging there, no problems - but if I try to get the sticky off I'll probably wreck the paintwork! Its very easy to take the quilt down to wash, though (leave the sticky part behind, obviously!)

K x

Sorry it's hard to get a good pic as it's the hall and I can't get far enough away! It's over 4' square.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34019[/ATTACH]

Showing the velcro - got lots of flash back from the cream wall but can't enhance it anymore - hope it's clear enough. It's been up there for over 2 years!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34034[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34019.jpe   attachment-34034.jpe