View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 04:51 AM
saf

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
After joining this QB(and I love it) it has been a downer and upper for me. I have gotten a lot of inspiration and encouragement from it. But, after having quilted for many years and many, many quilts I am depressed to find that I am not much of a quilter. I always thought quilting was for the love of it not perfection. I don't have a fancy machine, I have problems with my 1/4 inch seam, I don't prewash, I use what thread I have, I use what fabric I can afford, and I am always confused with which way to press a seam. So you can see I don't do much of anything right. Sure hope Charisma can quilt the Snake River log cabin I sent to her. But I just thank God that I can enjoy quilting because I love it. I am a caregiver for my 87 yr old brother, my 76 yr old husband and my 56 year old son. It is an outlet for me. I thank God for it. Love all of you on the board. God bless
My grandmother and her friends didn't have fancy machines, just a treadle that did a straight stitch. I know that they used the fabric that was left over from other sewing and the thread was the same as they used for sewing clothes. Templates and patterns were made from whatever card or paper they had to hand. I could go on. They made beautiful quilts with love and care. Were they perfect? Probably not. Were they quilters? They certainly were and so are you. :thumbup: