View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 AM
PrettyCurious

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
After joining this QB(and I love it) it has been a downer and upper for me. I have gotten a lot of inspiration and encouragement from it. But, after having quilted for many years and many, many quilts I am depressed to find that I am not much of a quilter. I always thought quilting was for the love of it not perfection. I don't have a fancy machine, I have problems with my 1/4 inch seam, I don't prewash, I use what thread I have, I use what fabric I can afford, and I am always confused with which way to press a seam. So you can see I don't do much of anything right. Sure hope Charisma can quilt the Snake River log cabin I sent to her. But I just thank God that I can enjoy quilting because I love it. I am a caregiver for my 87 yr old brother, my 76 yr old husband and my 56 year old son. It is an outlet for me. I thank God for it. Love all of you on the board. God bless
That's what I thought. All my tools are used cept for my rotory cutter and my stitch ripper.
When I went to my first quilting thingy for Miricale quilts, the other quilters were ohhin and awwin over my 35yr old machine, my makeshift cutting board out of an old draft table, and stuff.
My youngest machine is 20 yrs old, no wait, I just got a Janome Hello Kitty one fer kicks [and for $30 cuz it was discontinued] but you know what I mean. No fancy stuff here. It's all about the quilting.
Honey, if your heart is in it, you're never out of your league!