View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Last weekend, I held an exhibition of my work in my local Village Hall to help raise money for our Restoration Fund and I wanted to share with you all. We set up on the Friday and it was quite a thrill to see all my work together in one place - it was very interesting as well to see my progression from where I started with very traditional patterns and techniques into where I am now which is much more contemporary and 'artsy' in style.

I was really nervous about it - what if no one comes? What if they DO come and are rude about my work? And so on..... :mrgreen:

Anyway... ppl came - about 80 over the weekend and it was fantastic, I loved it! I did some demos of FMQ and on stacking and layering fabric for kaleidoscope and there was lots of interest - so much so that I'm going to start giving workshops come September. There was a mix of ppl - quilters and non-quilters and it was great to talk to ppl with different points of view on what I do - as art, as craft, etc... I like to talk so that was probably the best part!

Here's some pics... :-D

A view of the Hall with my work hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224059[/ATTACH]

A view looking back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224060[/ATTACH]

Another view with my WIP corner in the foreground and a handquilting project in progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224061[/ATTACH]

My sewing corner and me seeing if I can still FMQ on my old machine!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224062[/ATTACH]

Me giving a demo of kaleidoscopes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224063[/ATTACH]

Another view and my WIP corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224064[/ATTACH]

A hand pieced and quilted Medallion Star and my WIP The Thirteenth Fandango - the pattern is available here to board members
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224065[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-224053.jpe   attachment-224054.jpe   attachment-224055.jpe   attachment-224056.jpe   attachment-224057.jpe  

attachment-224058.jpe   attachment-224059.jpe