Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My first One Woman Show >

My first One Woman Show

My first One Woman Show

Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Though the first day, I started to cut the strip set and was explaining the importance of a new, sharp blade, clean cut etc etc --- I looked down and the edge looked like I'd chewed it with my teeth - I had two blades in the cutter! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:
ROTFLMBO!! I've done that before, thankfully not in front of a group though. I bet you made a great recovery....you were showing them what happens when you DON'T follow your recommendations for new, sharp blades, clean cut...etc...LOL!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

Your quilts are so pretty all hung together. Our guild has started having a "featured quilter" at our quilt shows. The featured quilter (a longtime guild member) brings as many of her quilts as possible and they're displayed together, much as your quilts are displayed. It's so interesting to see how someone's work has progressed, or changed over time. Thanks for showing them. I wish I could come to one of your classes!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by k3n
Though the first day, I started to cut the strip set and was explaining the importance of a new, sharp blade, clean cut etc etc --- I looked down and the edge looked like I'd chewed it with my teeth - I had two blades in the cutter! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:
ROTFLMBO!! I've done that before, thankfully not in front of a group though. I bet you made a great recovery....you were showing them what happens when you DON'T follow your recommendations for new, sharp blades, clean cut...etc...LOL!
A lady said 'oh that makes me feel so much better that YOU do that too!' and of course I said 'that's EXACTLY why I did it!' :mrgreen:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster
Your quilts are so pretty all hung together. Our guild has started having a "featured quilter" at our quilt shows. The featured quilter (a longtime guild member) brings as many of her quilts as possible and they're displayed together, much as your quilts are displayed. It's so interesting to see how someone's work has progressed, or changed over time. Thanks for showing them. I wish I could come to one of your classes!
Thanks dunster, it was really interesting for me too, to see the progression from the earliest EPP bits and bobs, through to things like the Deconstructing Clarice and the Scorhill Circle. It was such a great opportunity and did my ego no end of good - or bad, depending how you look at it! :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 07-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Wow! This did look like a great show. Wish I lived closer to you so I could have been there.