View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:19 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joycet
Thanks QuiltE for helping me solve my problem. LOL I am the process of making a Dresden Plate quilt. Well I do have the first plate ALMOST together!!! I need more Oriental fabrics. I intended to applique it on black fabric but since the plates are darker in color I've changed my mind. I think off white or maybe a light beige. I had thought what to do with the inside of the plates. I really didn't like the circle...nor putting a yo-yo in the center. I just couldn't think of anymore things to do. Then you mentioned about your mother's quilt. I love the idea!!!! Thanks for the help again!!!
You're Welcome!! Glad that it has helped you think thru what could work. The quilting on it is lovely, while not exceptional, to me, it's a more intricate design than what we often see done now. Sometime I want to make a Dresden Plate myself, and somewhat copy the whole design/style of Mom's. Have some fabric that would work, but am currently using it in a vintage style Basket quilt .... so will not re-purpose it, til the other quilt is totally done!