View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:34 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by romanojg
Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by romanojg
when you do the trip around the world you don't do squares individually. You do the strips; sew them together and then when you have the right amount of rows you make a tube; straighten up the ends and then cut rows; it only looks like you have two million little blocks sewen together
Oh that's cheating!! :lol: :lol: My TATW and Many trips were all sewn 1 square at a time!
Now, I wouldn't call that cheating. I would call utilizing my time to get the most out of it with the least amount of frustration. It was one of the easiest quilts that I have done. I have two going the first one only needs the second border for the top to be done and I have all of the "tubes" ready for the 2nd one. These two are all done with patriotic fabric and I want to do another one w/Christmas fabric.
Just teasing! I like doing what I call "step" quilts for kids this way. 8 5" strips of fabric. Makes a quick cute quilt with a 2-4" border.
I'm sure it would make it easier for kids or us quilters trying to get as much done in a short amount of time. My grandson loves hanging out with me and is always bugging me to teach him to quilt. He's also gotten bitten by loves old machine bug too. He tells everyone that the treadle one is his; I have four but I think he's mesmerized by that one because I told him it doesn't need electric to run. I knew you were teasing; I don't get offended too easily. With 5 kids and 4 of them boys I've had to learn how to laugh no matter what.