View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I live in Southeast Iowa and I am always looking for new sources of tiny print cottons for my small stuff.
I would love to hear from anyone who has a great place to shop. I do buy mostly locally and would love to hear from anyone in Iowa but if you have a great place online to shop would love to hear about it.

Please tell us about your local stores also even if I can't shop there others can!

My favorite locally is the Stitch and Sew Cottage in Kalona. They always have stuff I don't see other places. I also go to a local Mennonite store and their sister store. They are like an old fashioned country store with boots and shoes for the country farmer and dishes and toys and bulk groceries and hand made products like windmills and toy wagons. They are great fun. They have great fabric that I can't find elsewhere and you can find fabric there from $2.99 to $5.99.
The Dutchman's store is in Cantril Iowa on the northern side of the border between Iowa and Missouri and the Rutledge store is in Rutledge Missouri
If you ever get a chance to go you oughta check them out. It is a fun place to go browse. Cantril has more to look at but Rutledge has more fabric!!

So what's your favorite hangout?