Old 07-13-2011, 05:11 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

a few years ago i was approached to donate quilts for a fund raiser- i did- give a twin size quilt- i had about $60 into--- the fund raiser was not well organized- and they wound up getting all of $15 for the quilt- i was (discouraged) and vowed to not make that mistake again.

here i am again- last month i was asked for donations for a fundraiser pig roast- they were having a silent auction and a live auction- it was a very well organized large fund raiser- i gave them 3 small- kids quilts- one i only had $15 into- the other 2 about $30 ($75 total)
was called a few days ago with...
"oh by the way- those quilts you gave us--- we got $10 for one and $15 for the other two! thanks...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
i know i'm supposed to give them and turn my back without any more thought----but i really almost feel - ripped off---
2 of the quilts were very cute- with lots of work- and i actually made same quilts for a different organization---the other quilts were raffled and they made over $200 apiece

i was given (sort of) an excuse---that by the time they got to the quilts at the auction something else was happening-- people thought it was over or something- i don't know- i don't care- i just feel===well you know-
i guess next time this group approaches me i will simply say- sorry no- or just give them $20 and call it good.
i know= i'm always saying once you give it---
i need to just get over it....wouldn't be so bad except the person who was (in charge) is the daughter of a fabulous quilter---who knows better!