View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maribeth
In Northern Virginia there are quite a few LQSs and the customer service and fabric styles vary widely.

My absolute favorite is Circle Sewing Studio right down route 123 in Lake Ridge, with batiks, reproductions, blenders, thirties, etc. and some whimsy fabric. Parker is the owner, she has a great set-up with machines available for your use right there on the salesfloor. She and Cary are the best and always a great help. There is a great group of quilters who hang out which is fine because Parker loves to have people just drop by and sew awhile, remember it is the Circle Sewing Studio. I think she also has someone who does garment sewing and alterations as well.

My other favorite is a little farther out west in Warrenton, Kelly Ann's Quilting. Kelly Ann also has a varied fabric collection in her shop, great staff and service and a fun blog.

I know it is out of your way, being you are looking in Iowa, but thanks for letting me share.

Maribeth

p.s. For the online purchasing, I love whittlesfabrics.com, fatquarterworld.com, fatquartershop.com, homespunhearth.com and fabric.com for the low, low, prices and the service.

I don't mind that it is out of my way as I just wanted people to share their favorites. Even if I can't go maybe some other members can benefit from your info!! :D :D Quilting is sharing!!!!