View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

went thru this with hubby in 91. We both believe, now, that he is completely disabled, that he probably wouldn't be here at all, if he hadn't quit, back then.
He quit, bc he wanted to. He was 41 and had smoked since about 14 years old.
I encouraged him to wean off, and at the same time, they had a company come in where he worked, and he paid 100.00 for program, with the promise, that if in one year, if he was still abstinent, he would get every penny back.
So, he started cutting back, and started program, and here we went.
I wish they had a product back then, to have made it easier for him, bc he was a real bear, but he stuck it out. We had some scary conversations, during this three weeks, believe me, but he had his mind made up, and we survived. He has not smoked one cigarette since.
He worked in a place, that we believe caused his disability, but, since he has emphysema now, stopping smoking, when he did, was probably a lifesaver.
He just lost a brother to cancer, this past September. I hear that cigarettes are almost 50.00 a carton now. Depends on brand, I guess.
I applaud you, and you did the right thing, to ask all of your friends to support you. You come on here, and just post away...mad, glad, sad, depressed, p. o'd,...you'll need somewhere to vent, and we are here.
We will listen to you vent, and not judge. I would be the last, I have seen the many phases, but with this Chantix, it may be a whole lot easier than hubby had it. You are going to be so proud of yourself!
Take it one day at a time, and yes, remove all temptation, and have lots of sugarfree gum and candies, to satisfy your oral habits, etc.
Hubby did that, and it helped a lot. WAY TO GO, PQ!!! :wink: