View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
KimS

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Originally Posted by KimS
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Sharon Schamber says if you baste the quilt her way it doesn't matter where you start...
So how does she say to baste?
yeah. Wondering that too. Didn't find anything on a search.

DUH! Never mind ... I was spelling "basting" wrong!! Yeah - had Schambers right - basting was wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA
You know, I tried her method on my last quilt and I hated it so hard. Every time I tried to shift the quilt in my lap my fingers got caught in those huge strands and I'd yank it all out of whack. I spent more time swearing at it than I spent stitching it. I picked the whole freaking thing out the next day and re-basted the way I usually do (flat on the floor, starting at the middle, 6-inch grid with inch-long running stitches). My way may be overkill and it takes longer, but I can turn and pull and snap it like a towel and there is no fear that it'll shift.

I did use her tip to starch the backing and I'll continue doing that in the future, but I didn't like her basting method one little bit. I mean it just plain made me mad. :P
I certainly wasn't blessed with patience so maybe I'd better just stick to spray adhesive and pins. Thank you for keeping me from having a screaming fit. LOL!!