View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:50 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
It's the same way with knitting... I don't care if picking is faster than throwing, I don't like it and I don't want to get better at it. Excellent attitude, I know, but oh well. :roll:
I'm a thrower too! Can't make myself do it any other way! ;)
Ok - I'm a knitter ... what's picking and throwing? I have NO idea which one I am.

Speaking of new methods, once I found that video it led to a few others (you know how that goes) and I found her "magic triangle" method. My one and only quilting friend who live at the other end of a neighboring state tried to explain it to me once OVER THE PHONE and it went clear over my head. now that I see it, I get it. Not sure I like the method as it seems to take lots of time and there is lots of waste as well. But it sure was nice to see it.[/quote]

It's the method you use to wrap the yarn around the needle to make the stitch. Some people can knit with the yarn wrapped around their left finger and use the needle to pick up the yarn and put it over. I think it's called the Continental style? It's faster. I have to use my right hand to physically wrap the yarn around--thus throwing. I think once you learn one way it's not easy to do it differently.