View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM
garysgal

I debated sharing this because just thinking about it makes my stomach sick, but... I won two auctions on ebay and they both stated "free shipping and postage''. When I got the invoice I paid it thru PayPal and then when they sent me an email notifying me that I had paid, I looked at it and it said "shipping and handling $11.19". I almost fainted!! I emailed the seller and they said oh no, ebay added that, they had nothing to do with it because I chose to pay it when I won the items. I called ebay and they said no, we don't add postage, the seller did it because apparently you chose to pay postage. I called PayPal and they said they didn't add the postage, the seller must have. I thought and thought and asked myself how in the world did I chose to pay shipping when the auction clearly said free postage. (If I had been more alert I would have noticed it before I paid and then could have handled it then.) After about 6 emails back and forth to the seller, I came to the conclusion that something wasn't right, but I had no idea what it was. The seller told me they couldn't refund the money because the package was already in the mail. Plus they told me that Ebay does this all the time and they have no control over it. So I told myself that I had learned a valuable and expensive lesson. I waited and waited and the package didn't come when it was supposed to so I emailed the seller and they said, oh we are so sorry, we'll contact UPS and refund your shipping. Duh-why could they NOW refund my money but couldn't before? I checked with PayPal and sure enough, the $11.19 was refunded. So, I am left with my auction, (which came late) a refund and the feeling that somehow, this seller isn't being truthful. Now, my problem is what kind of feedback do I leave? Believe it or not, they have a 100 % feedback.