Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Muv

Thank you to everyone who took part in the Vintage Machine Riddle. Congratulations to Vintagemotif, who spotted that it has the Indian Star decals, and was therefore able to solve the riddle.

This machine is a 1934 Singer 128K, with the Indian Star variation of La Vencedora decals, which means that it was manufactured for export to India. In each point of the star the word Singer was written in a different Indian script. I have checked this out on the Needlebar website, which lists the eight different languages as Hindi, Onya, Singhalese, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam. Don't ask me which is which.

This is the second Indian Star machine to appear on this thread. The Sphinx machine belonging to Kathie on page 8 has the star also.

This machine is my latest Youtube star. I have used it for the latest video - How to Adjust the Tension on a Vintage Long Bobbin Sewing Machine - on the Muvandfarve channel. We filmed the first test of the stitch ( a hold-your-breath moment) and it performed beautifully!

I'm already in love with this machine. We don't tend to get Singers with red decals here - Red Eyes are American - and the Indian Star makes it extra special.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-226464.jpe   attachment-226465.jpe   attachment-226466.jpe