Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Mornigstar

Read both pages before I replied. Months ago read here about "Passage Quilt". Friends brother died and she told me body bag/gurney was covered with quilt so she thought of me. The 2 sisters felt relieved as it passed them in the lobby but knew this was usual at this home for yrs-it's
Newmarket On. actually - my friend is friend of owner.

So I researched and talked to Funeral Director in our Ontario village. Now voluntered to make a quilt to be in hearst available when needed as covering. Going up to the gurney and saying goodbye is less stressful for other residents who knew that person -helps withdrawal.

Suggested was double sided -lady/manly 3ft x 8 ft.

I wanted to try 10 min block so do ladies side. Fabric promised to me next month will dictate man side as I will try to do all from stash with only a used sheet as batting to help with weight/ draping. Great time to use reversible quilting methods.
Have a pillowcase with "Lord is my Shepard" crossstitched on it I will give to them to store the quilt in the auto.
Want simple pattern made with love.
Families won't have to decide who gets the quilt after the funeral this way.
Will send photo here naturally when finished. Need to spend less time on QB and more time working on these projects.