Old 07-16-2011, 07:17 AM
RatherB Quilting

I have only been married 6 years as of next week. BUT...my advice is for you as a wife. (but if you can get your husband to listen to it...all the better)
You know how when married girls get together, the conversation ends up on complaining about someones spouse? "My husband never picks up his socks...drives me crazy."
NEVER be tempted to get into that mindset! I was told never mention out loud your husbands faults no matter how minor. It makes you even more aware of that fault and breeds in you a mindset to look for more faults. (if it is something that makes you upset though...always talk to your husband about it. Don't let things fester! And never discuss these things in your bedroom...that room is for love and sleep only.)
Never EVER mention your husbands faults to another person. If I am conversing with a friend and they start complaining, I always respond with either trying to change the subject or with a quiet comment of praise for my husband. Not to belittle what they just said or be all "holier than thou", but to reinforce in my mind that I love my Husband...faults and all.
And NEVER EVER EVER mention a fault to another person with your husband present! That one is just common decency. :)
Sounds like you are going to be ok though! :)
(another thing that I was told before I got married was "Love is not an emotion...it is a decision you make every morning you wake up next to that person!")