Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 AM
charity-crafter

My hubby and I have been married 20+ years. I think it boils down to you really have to be friends also.

I'm not sure how to explain this next part-the "falling in love" feeling sort of fades out over time with the daily grind of work, chores and children but friendship lasts.

And realize that occasionally you are going to not like him. But then he'll do something to remind why you married him in the fist time.

My sister gave me wonderful advice when I got married:
Don't tell people negative things about your relationship. For every negative thing you say about your spouse you have to say 3 good things. Because whe you only talk about the negative things then people will only know that one side of your relationship.

And another piece of advice came from my charity quilting grup. We have several widows, and when those of us who still have husbands go off on a tirade as we ladies sometimes do, the widows always stop us and say, "What if he died today before you got home? What if you woke up in the morning and knew you would never see him again?" That always leaves me thinking and appreceating mine.