Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM
AFQSinc

I have stopped all of my magazine subscriptions except for Martha Stewart Living, Parents Magazine and Good Housekeeping. GH was a gift subscription that I will not renew. I will be renewing Parents (I have a 3 year old and my mom passed away so I get a lot of help and suggestions from the mag). I am not renewing MSL. My last issue will be December 2011. I have been subscribed to MSL since 1996. I have every issue, plus special editions, plus some select back issues from before I subscribed.

At one time I subscribed to over 30 magazines. It got to be too much. So I gave them away and stopped subcribing. I love to read but I found that I couldn't read all of them in a month (not all were monthly though) and I felt guilty when I gave them away. So I just stopped it all.

This being said, I still purchase magazines off of the rack. For some reason I feel less guilty giving away or recycling those than I do the ones I subscribe to. I feel that it is important to support the publishing industry. Particularly magazines and newspapers. We've lost too many good ones. I recognize that I have a problem controlling myself so I have to work hard to not go overboard.