Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Butterfli19

Wow! I didn't expect this many responses, but it's nice to know I'm not completely a loner, at least not here!

It's funny, I think nothing of spending $50 on fabric, or on my kids, but to spend it on a class seems odd to me and I don't know why. I then asked myself if the class was free would I take it, and said no. (c'mon, I can't be the only one who talks to herself :wink: ) Anyway, I guess being a lone sewer gives me the opportunity to be particular about corners and seam lines and pressing, and I don't have to worry if someone else doesn't care so much. I figure if I'm going to put the time into it, whether it's for me or someone else, it needs to meet my definition of "perfect". Now, not having quilted with anyone else that may be "obsessive" or "sloppy" or just regular, I don't know, but I would hate to judge or feel like I was being judged by people I don't really know.

I also learn from books and magazines and this board, and maybe this board is my social quilting. Sometimes I log on just to see what you all are up to, like you're my neighbors. I like it here, it's friendly, warm, fun, educational, inspirational, and full of excitement and passion. What could be better?