View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
thank you all for your comments. I was not offended by any, you all spoke from your hearts and I deeply appreciate the comments. Some of you hit the nail on the head. Reason it's hard for me to be happy, is that no one in the household can support these children. They have the government. I think this is wrong. I love making quilts for family members. It's expressing my art as well as each quilt I make is filled with love. Only once have I been asked to make a quilt for someones friend who admired the family members quilt. I asked if this person would be purchasing the fabric or should I. This family member wanted me to make it for nothing because this friend was her best friend. I said, your best friend is not mine, nor do I know her. I just don''t make quilts for people I don't know.
Anyway getting back to my niece, the two children she has have both fallen on there heads and have been hospitalized. My sister called me and told me, if you hear from her daughter, that she wanted me to know she had called division of youth and family service.
I don't care how many children my niece has, I care what kind of life they are going to be faced with, and I find it hard to be excited for my niece, when she has trouble raising the 2 she has.
I slept on the comments from all of you and since I am a loving person, I am going to go ahead with a baby quilt..I feel if the other 2 got one, would not be fair the 3 . Thank you all, my head is a lot clearer today
you know, this is what I love about ya'll on this forum...we can be free to speak our hearts, and be still loved and appreciated for even our differences...I have never found another forum like this one.

I can't remember who asked...but yes, I have worked at my own businesses for all my adult life, while my husband worked in the ministry until a car accident took that away. We haven't used government anything, and paid for all our own expenses. We just felt it was wrong to ask others to pay our expenses.

It seems you have come to a place of peace with what to do, and I support your choice (not that you need my support :wink: )....I am sorry your niece appears to make not such good choices, but maybe this baby will help her get a grip on the things in life that are important.

I wish you well in your quilt endeavor...and thanks for letting me share in your "process" to figure all this out!!