Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 AM
omak

Originally Posted by shaverg
Ii don't know if you have an Ikea close by. But they have some great square baskets. I use baskets for everything, Large and small. They also have wooden desk organizers that are great for holding rulers, scissors, etc. They have magazine file boxes and pretty heavy duty boxes with lids in all sizes. Everything is very reasonable.

Have fun.
I got this far (so if someone already mentions what I am about to say, I apologize).
My quilt store owner told me that IKEA also has an organizational book that helped her a lot. The woman that wrote that book actually doesn't just sell IKEA products, she uses what people find in their homes. SHe said that most of us get so into containers that we begin to defeat our organization goals. I don't know how that is possible <g>, but she is the organizational "expert", so I will take her word for it.
My suggestion, if you can get to an IKEA outlet ... go look for that book.
I use the pegboard system, but have discovered that I can even disorganize that! I have over purchased tools, my "priority" patterns are buried under notions, or patterns that I impulse purchased and couldn't figure out where else to put them so that I wouldn't "forget" - - doesn't matter where I put them - - I forget.
I have a question about the ruler thingy that DH made for y'all .. I have looked at those for a long while, and I would be worried that the lip would cause the plastic to shatter on the edges over a period of time, so how long as anyone had that organizational tool?
And, I used the pegboard and the pegs to hang my rulers on, since there is usually a nice hanging hole already in the ruler.
Sorry I cannot be more help, but I think the thing God put me on earth to do was organize something, and I haven't - - I don't think I will ever meet the goal! <G>