View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Delores

Our Walmart is closing the fabric dept also, I did voice my opinion to the clerks the manager etc. as I was buying my fabric I had others there buying and we all told them what we thought as it our main store for not so expensive fabric. We have a joanna fabric store about 4 miles from us but buy there only on sale fabrics. Now Joanna Fabric here in Az. Has bought out 3 other fabric stores so you know where the prices will go now for our fabric. We have quilt shops here too, but can't afford the fabric there. Most of us make many quilts, not only for family and friends, but for charity. I live in a Manufactured home park and right here we make quilts for the needy and buy fabric at Wal-mart. I voiced my opinion as to the amount of money I spend at Wal-mart here when I come in for fabric, as it is super store and we can buy groceries there too. The interesting part is what they are going to put in the space the fabric dept. is in--would you believe Electrics, T.V. , Vidios Etc. more money in that the manager said. Will continue to protest the closing--- hope we all will and it will help to keep our fabric dept open to us. Thanks for hearing me out. Keep up the good work, in the name of quilting I am Delores a new memer.