Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wal-Mart stores closing Fabric Dept. >

Wal-Mart stores closing Fabric Dept.

Wal-Mart stores closing Fabric Dept.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 PM

I've been checking tags in Wal Mart and other stores since Diane Sawyer's piece on buy American and I agree with her so we can get things back to this country but I can't find anywhere who sells American. Here in Murdock the Wal Mart still has bolts of fabric but the one near me in Port Charlotte told me they would be bringing some pkg fabric and it hasn't come yet of course their like us they only work there and what they get told they tell us so we'll have to see. Sue

Last edited by patricej; 12-21-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:27 AM

While everyone is grousing about WalMart closing their fabric departments, has no one thought back to when there were real fabric shops all over the place ... before WalMart drove them out of business? If everyone had been supportive of the local businesses in the first place, WalMart wouldn't have this power over your lives.

The saddest part is that you all think you're saving $$$ at WalMart, but in reality, you are lucky if you come out even with what you'd pay at other venues, the very low prices on the (usually shoddy and inevitably made in China) loss leaders enticing you into thinking everything is a bargain. The basic greed and gluttony of the Poobahs at WalMart have led you down a very crooked and twisted path, and helped put this country in its downward spiral. I shop local businesses and refuse, absolutely, to ever set a foot in WalMart again - when I see how it has destroyed lives and towns I cannot in good conscience give them one red cent of my money ever again.