View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Jennifer

So I was in the middle of a quilted bag project (It's the one the GetaGamma offered to us on her blog) and my machine just kaputed out. I was at the part where you stipple the to halves. Got one done and the other is still waiting. It's a Singer Precision 7444 that my husband bought me just to get me started. He picked it out because I had no clue what I was looking for. He probably just seen that it was a sewing machine and paid for it. :?: Another dilema I face is that I'm stationed in Germany(for 10 more months) and the closest repair shop is an hour an a half away..--but my machine has an American plug not European. I'll put is back in the box and get it repair when I return to the states I guess. The machine turns on and all. It just won't sewing when you push the peddle. :cry: I tried to take it apart to see if it was a belt or something noticable in there, but couldn't pry the covering off. Ooh Gees, I have to buy another one, but should I stick with Singer or go for another brand? I have only known my Grams to own a sewing machine and it is a Singer. Picking a new sewing machine is harder that buying a car. Any suggestions?
Which ever I choose, hopefully the company ships to APO.