View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM
FERSID

I only just managed to get my User Id back this morning - after being taken away for I don't know how long.

Lately, I have been working hard to get the rest of the roof put on our house and finish off the rest of the major renovations we have been working on since April, 2010. MY BAD! how could I have not paid attention to my rating?

Perhaps our title could be based on how long we've been a member - not how many posts we've made.

Something similar to ebay perhaps where members get different coloured stars or something.

I don't know, it's probably a silly idea but I don't care much for the losing your title because LIFE go in the way.

This board I believe, is meant to be fun, informative and above all, enjoyable.

Do we really need to stress over keeping our User Title Status?

When it's lost, members clammer frantically to post to everything and anything - perhaps without real thought or honesty in their opinion, advice, etc.

I know when my father passed away 2-1/2 years ago, I was buried in estate settlement paperwork, clearing out his house and the cottage, not to mention, dealing with the emotional loss.

I didn't realize at the time I had lost my user title and when I was able to resume my viewing of the board and newsletters and I noticed I was no longer "A REGULAR HERE", I was confused, hurt and thought I had done something terribly wrong.

Unfortunately, we can't all be engrossed with the board/newsletters all the time - we have jobs, families, personal crisis, health issues, etc. etc. etc.

This lost User Id rating feels like a punishment if I have had to take care of life - but that's just my humble opinion.

:-( :roll: :-( :roll: :-( :roll: :-(