ahhhh go away and this happens

ahhhh go away and this happens

Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Pickles
Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by justflyingin
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
sometimes rules are put into place to limit the people who sign up just to use this site as free advertising or to unload something or just ask for fabric to make a quilt. We have had people, in the past, try to scam...by selling a high end machine at way lower than you could get it anywhere.
Please bear with it... :D
I'm personally glad they did it. Plus, they limit how much you can sell. That is also good because it seems like a lot of people have a nice little business on the side, buying at sale prices on places like the 2.50-2.98-3.98/yard for quilt shop fabric (as mentioned in today's posts) and sell at $4-6/yard-- "Quilt shop quality" fabric. Hmmm. It seemed like a lot more like businesses doing 'unofficial' business than people selling their own personal stash as in a yard sale. The gov't limits people to 3-4 yard sales a year (I think) before you get tagged as having a business and needing to report/pay taxes, etc. So, when people here are constantly destashing...(and then buying more), it seems like it is more or less an unofficial business and not just a crafter needing to unload her personal stash.

So, I do like the fact that they limited how much people could sell. I know it wasn't popular, but I think it made it a better site. There were some people who it seemed, only came to QB in order to sell something--not really interact. Ebay, Etsy, etc. are great for that...
well said.
I agree well said.
I understand the problem and agree with all of this. It just seems to me that there might be another way of working it all out rather than penalizing those of us who can't keep on posting at lightening speed. Maybe we could put our heads together and come up with a good solution to this problem.
I too have been trying to get up to enough posts to sell a few things, and each time I feel I'm almost there something like my recent move, or my DH's emergency heart surgery comes along to knock me back down. Even a short vacation can do it. Or friends paying a long visit as so often is the case here in Florida. :D
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi
I cut back on the number of postings I made because I always seem to forget to un-check the "watch this topic" choice under the Quick Reply box. Then I get an email everytime anyone posts a reply to those topics. If I do forget, the process of "unwatching" a topic is time consuming (to me) when it has to be tone a lot.
I too don't post hardly at all but I do read everything everyone else posts and have gotten a lot out of the site. I will never have any kind of title, but that's ok. I still enjoy the site and learn something new every time I log on. I never noticed the 'watch this topic' choice and the few times I have posted or replied I have been bogged down in my email with the responses from everyone else. I always go through all of the responses before I comment and nine times out of 10 someone else has posted what I too would have said so I then just go about my reading of posts.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by be a quilter
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by blondeslave
I agree. IMHO this requirement encourages posting in order to become a regular rather than posting to answer someone's question or contribut to a thread. I'll never be a regular-I just don't have time to do much more than skim and look at the beautiful pictures.
yep..which leads to tons of SILLY topics being posted and multitudes of repeat topics as well....
I have to agree with you on that. And, if someone is providing a quality product at a reasonable price what is wrong with how much of it they sell. Since when is it wrong to be productive? I would much rather see that than see people going on wellfare.
I am 81 and live on Social Security. I would like to sell a few quilts a year....maybe five? or six? to eke out my income a little....just to pay bills.
I haven't asked yet.... but...It would be nice...
Jeannie
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
lost my title! ughhhhh and now to get it back so I can sell some things!
this is what I get for going on vacation?
I'm still waiting lol
Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM

I try to check in every day, but sometimes that just isn't possible. So, once you lose your "regular" status, you just need to start checking in more regularly. I'm trying to get my status back now.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 AM

I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't remember these rules? I know I read them when admin first posted them. My memory has this huge sieve that a lot of things fall through ~ ~ ~
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 PM

[quote=cizzors]
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by blondeslave
I agree. IMHO this requirement encourages posting in order to become a regular rather than posting to answer someone's question or contribut to a thread. I'll never be a regular-I just don't have time to do much more than skim and look at the beautiful pictures.
yep..which leads to tons of SILLY topics being posted and multitudes of repeat topics as well....

Something like this?

>>>***