Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ahhhh go away and this happens >

ahhhh go away and this happens

ahhhh go away and this happens

Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM

I only just managed to get my User Id back this morning - after being taken away for I don't know how long.

Lately, I have been working hard to get the rest of the roof put on our house and finish off the rest of the major renovations we have been working on since April, 2010. MY BAD! how could I have not paid attention to my rating?

Perhaps our title could be based on how long we've been a member - not how many posts we've made.

Something similar to ebay perhaps where members get different coloured stars or something.

I don't know, it's probably a silly idea but I don't care much for the losing your title because LIFE go in the way.

This board I believe, is meant to be fun, informative and above all, enjoyable.

Do we really need to stress over keeping our User Title Status?

When it's lost, members clammer frantically to post to everything and anything - perhaps without real thought or honesty in their opinion, advice, etc.

I know when my father passed away 2-1/2 years ago, I was buried in estate settlement paperwork, clearing out his house and the cottage, not to mention, dealing with the emotional loss.

I didn't realize at the time I had lost my user title and when I was able to resume my viewing of the board and newsletters and I noticed I was no longer "A REGULAR HERE", I was confused, hurt and thought I had done something terribly wrong.

Unfortunately, we can't all be engrossed with the board/newsletters all the time - we have jobs, families, personal crisis, health issues, etc. etc. etc.

This lost User Id rating feels like a punishment if I have had to take care of life - but that's just my humble opinion.

:-( :roll: :-( :roll: :-( :roll: :-(
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cizzors
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by blondeslave
I agree. IMHO this requirement encourages posting in order to become a regular rather than posting to answer someone's question or contribut to a thread. I'll never be a regular-I just don't have time to do much more than skim and look at the beautiful pictures.
yep..which leads to tons of SILLY topics being posted and multitudes of repeat topics as well....

Something like this?

"OMG! I just stuck myself with a pin! Has this ever happened to anyone else?!"

:shock:
LMBO!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by FERSID
I only just managed to get my User Id back this morning - after being taken away for I don't know how long.

Lately, I have been working hard to get the rest of the roof put on our house and finish off the rest of the major renovations we have been working on since April, 2010. MY BAD! how could I have not paid attention to my rating?

Perhaps our title could be based on how long we've been a member - not how many posts we've made.

Something similar to ebay perhaps where members get different coloured stars or something.

I don't know, it's probably a silly idea but I don't care much for the losing your title because LIFE go in the way.

When it's lost, members clammer frantically to post to everything and anything - perhaps without real thought or honesty in their opinion, advice, etc.

I know when my father passed away 2-1/2 years ago, I was buried in estate settlement paperwork, clearing out his house and the cottage, not to mention, dealing with the emotional loss.

I didn't realize at the time I had lost my user title and when I was able to resume my viewing of the board and newsletters and I noticed I was no longer "A REGULAR HERE", I was confused, hurt and thought I had done something terribly wrong.

Unfortunately, we can't all be engrossed with the board/newsletters all the time - we have jobs, families, personal crisis, health issues, etc. etc. etc.

This lost User Id rating feels like a punishment if I have had to take care of life - but that's just my humble opinion.

I agree.And when I am on vacation I sure as heck am not going to get on the computer esp. when I white water raft! It does feel like being punished though.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM

welcome back! did you at least have a good time?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by FERSID

I agree completely with your statement. There has to be a better way in my opinion. Using post count only makes for folks posting nothings, one word, no help, etc. The fairest way, again only my opinion is how long someone has been a member of these boards. Real life does come in to play now and then, and some things are just more important than writing a reply.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 PM

Hum...makes me wonder why some people join the board
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM

I agree. IMHO this requirement encourages posting in order to become a regular rather than posting to answer someone's question or contribut to a thread. I'll never be a regular-I just don't have time to do much more than skim and look at the beautiful pictures.
yep..which leads to tons of SILLY topics being posted and multitudes of repeat topics as well....
Ditto Jacquie - I'm with you. I love this site, but if I don't have something to contribute that hasn't already been said, I don't post. I still read a lot of the pages and look at the pictures; I'm still here, but I won't be a 'regular'. But I'm OK with that.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 PM

Well said. The reason I don't have a regular title is because I only come on this board when I'm on school vacation. The rest of the year I work 50 hrs a week and go to university full-time. I just don't have the time to post messages when I should be doing homework.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors

Something like this?

"OMG! I just stuck myself with a pin! Has this ever happened to anyone else?!"

:shock:
FOCLMBO :!: :!:
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by justflyingin
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
sometimes rules are put into place to limit the people who sign up just to use this site as free advertising or to unload something or just ask for fabric to make a quilt. We have had people, in the past, try to scam...by selling a high end machine at way lower than you could get it anywhere.
Please bear with it... :D
I'm personally glad they did it. Plus, they limit how much you can sell. That is also good because it seems like a lot of people have a nice little business on the side, buying at sale prices on places like the 2.50-2.98-3.98/yard for quilt shop fabric (as mentioned in today's posts) and sell at $4-6/yard-- "Quilt shop quality" fabric. Hmmm. It seemed like a lot more like businesses doing 'unofficial' business than people selling their own personal stash as in a yard sale. The gov't limits people to 3-4 yard sales a year (I think) before you get tagged as having a business and needing to report/pay taxes, etc. So, when people here are constantly destashing...(and then buying more), it seems like it is more or less an unofficial business and not just a crafter needing to unload her personal stash.

So, I do like the fact that they limited how much people could sell. I know it wasn't popular, but I think it made it a better site. There were some people who it seemed, only came to QB in order to sell something--not really interact. Ebay, Etsy, etc. are great for that...
well said.
I agree well said.