View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Loretta
Good- you will never be sorry when you own a Pfaff and they last forever. My service man told me it should last several life times if it is kept clean and serviced.
If I were in your position, with your opportunity ... I would listen to the Pfaff people ... I thought Pfaff was made in Germany, but I wasn't sure, so my singer advice should just go bye bye <g>. I probably should have just kept my fingers quiet. My husband of 26 years has always loved Pfaff, but we have never been able to afford it, and since thrift stores are so close, I have a lot of neat places for back up machines. Enough of my rambling, I can hardly wait to see what you purchase ... it will be a good education for all us!
One of the main reasons I take my machines to a repair person is because of that case issue. I bought a "repair your own machine" book ($69), but I didn't find any suggestions of where to get the tools it takes just to open the darned thing up. If I had more time, I might could develop a friendship with my repair man and ask him to teach me, but I don't take time, just want to pay the bill and get back home to my sewing! We must keep our priorities straight <g>.