Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine doesn't sew anymore >

Sewing machine doesn't sew anymore

Sewing machine doesn't sew anymore

Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Make sure your plug for the foot pedal is into the machine tight. That happened with my daughter and she had a loose wire in her foot pedal. Good luck!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 PM

Since you are in Germany already, and Pfaff machines come from there, I would definitely get one while I was there. I have had my Pfaff for twenty five years and it still works perfectly. I love it. If you can get a good deal there, go for the best one you can afford! They are great.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Apparently I am one lucky sew-er. My first machine was a Singer (1962). It still works like a charm and makes the most beautiful stitch out of all of my machines. It's a straight stitcher only. My next machne was a White (circa"70s), and it still works like a charm. It zig-zags and not much more. My Serger is also a White. Still serging. My next machine was one of those machines advertised as a heavy duty school machine. And that it is. Very few amenities, but works very well. About the same capabilites as the White. My latest machine is a Janome 4000 ("90s"). Love, love, love it. Computerized, but not too much for this computer-duck. All of these machines have (and are still) serving me well. I am able to choose the machine for the task. The Janome doesn't fare as well with "heavy" sewing, so I use the New Home or the White. Now I have a very old Singer treadle, but it is not in operation -- and never has been since I obtained it. Still trying to find someone to get it going.