View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Ramona Byrd

We went to DH's 50th in 1991. We'd been married about 23 years at that time and for all those years I'd heard now and then about his lovely high school girlfriend that he did not marry. I was really wanting to see this beauty. So here we were, all dolled up for pictures in our party clothes, and he started looking around to see if he could see her. Everyone he met claimed that they recognized everyone else immediately, but I noticed that they all looked carefully at the name badge first, which had their enlarged year book picture hanging from it!!! Then someone told DH that his old flame was standing at the bar. DH started briskly over there but suddenly wheeled around and led me firmly across the room to the very end table in that huge place. When he was talking to someone else, I asked a nice man where was ole whatsherface, and he was tickled to point her out to me. She was being held up by the bar, blowing smoke in the face of the bartender in spite of signs forbidding smoking, and she had obviously sat in something a far different color than her dress, which was too short in back and too long in front. And she looked like she'd been rode hard and put away wet.
DH never, ever mentioned her again in the rest of his life.

Reunions CAN be fun, it all depends.....on who's there!!