View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:12 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by BrendaK
Is there something wrong with just making a quilt because you like the pattern. When I start a new quilt my DH asks, "Who gets that one"? Does it have to be for someone special? I don't have a lot of space to store quilts. It seems that he thinks that I need to give away a quilt as soon as it's done or have a time limit when it will go. Is it selfish to just want to make them? Do they always have to go? Thanks for your replies. BrendaK
I like this topic. I have been having fun making the jelly roll quilts, and scrappy quilts just to play and be non-thinking. Several people have asked me what I am going to do with them. They thought it strange that I didn't have a specific plan for them. This is the first time in my quilting life that I have made something without a definite plan for it. I like just looking at them and admiring my work. I am new at long arm quilting so they have been my practice "canvasses". Maybe someday they will have a home other than mine, but right now they are MINE.