View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
MOMBASIL53

When I first started quilting......I think it was my fourth or fifth one was a "trip around the world". I made it in black,brown,rust,gray,white etc......It took me a long time because I wanted it to be big enough for two people to snuggle under.......he(hubby) watched me and several times I asked him how he liked it.....very nice he said. When I finished it I walked into his tv room and covered him up with it. He had this puzzled look on his face. When I told him it was for him...the look he had on his face was priceless I will never forget it. He said he was afraid he would spill something on it. I told him I had made it in dark colors for just that reason. He asked why I had made it so big and I told him I just might want to join him under the quilt. He could not believe I had spent all that time making it for him. He has used it every day since. So try making one for your husband and surprise him with it. It looks pretty faded and worn as it has been washed many times. I am going to try to surprise him with a new one for Christmas.