Thread: primitive decor
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:40 AM
BrendaY

Don't think I'm any help, but do know what you mean about the darker things... I love old teddy bears, and put some old timey or faded doll or child dress on some of them.

Also, would love to have one of those old footstools that were made from large juice cans tied together and upholstered in whatever... Finding the big cans would be the hard part, I guess.

Old cutter quilts look great on tables with old stuff displayed on them... If you don't have any & can't find some at garage sales, you can make something and put it out in the sun for a few days to fade..

Punched tin lanterns or anything is great primitive look...

My taste is stuck somewhere between where I came from and where I am now... and my furniture is very eclective. I like it that way! So mix it up and see what happens..

Oh yes, crocheted valances over windows is part of the look for me. Bought them cheap at K-Mart a couple of years ago.

Let me know what you do please! I'm always interested in sharing ideas and would love to see yours. I can post a few pics later today... after a funeral...