Old 05-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Letty

Hi,I too was a lone quilter to begin with, I now have a group of friends who meet at my home every week.To explain -- when first I wanted to learn I thought I really couldn't justify spending the money for classes after the first experiance,e.g. too many in the class and too many friends of the tutor who got all the attention! However I now think that it set me on the right path to delve into books to teach myself. Through that first class I also learnt that once I knew what I was doing I could pass on that knowledge, with the patience to help those who were a bit confused at the start - as I had been.I still get confused myself by some of the new techniques but now there are so many wonderful quilters on the net willing to give advice,wish that had been available when I started. Almost twenty years later I still meet up with those first 'pupils' of mine who have become friends. I hope you find what is right for you,look for a starter class, one that gives you confidence to continue,most quilt shops have such classes now. Good luk and happy quilting, Letty.