Old 05-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
Camilla, I think I know how you're feeling. The wanting of others to ohhh and ahhh over what we've made. I've told my DH & kids upfront if they don't like one of my quilts, they better fake it or I'll be crushed! lol!!!!! :wink:
Just remember his opinion is only his opinion, it is your quilt! :thumbup:
And post us a picture of it!!! Odds are I'll be very green with envy over your choices!!! :D
There are things I do around the house a certain way, and hubby thinks they are sort of silly - a waste of time.
Ok, I rotate things. Rotating groceries is an excellent idea, but I also rotate the clothes and linens when putting away laundry.
He says, "Why do you bother, i just go in drawer and pick out the one I want."
I said, "I know, but as long as you don't let me see you do it, we're both happy."
About five years ago, I got the nicest car I have ever had.
We had some very bad hail, and it got 4,600 dollars worth of damage to it. Took it to a body shop and the gist of it is: the owners wife called and we had a conversation about their guy coming on Monday, (2 days away),...told hubby, and he stayed home from work. He did not want a stranger in his garage, etc.
Ok, won't put all the details, not important, but a few days later, both owner and his wife, denied that she ever called me. i was so stunned, I couldn't think of what to say. They were denying anybody called me.
Ok, how did I know to tell hubby, and who was the guy, that came on Monday, and took my car, and how come the car was at their business, when they finished with it?
I know the story might be a little confusing, but the point is this:
Because these ppl upset me so much...before the storm, I washed and dried my car, every week. Cleaned it and vacuumed, did all the vinyl and windows, pampered it, like a baby.
They did an excellent job on it, but the denials, and making me look like I was nuts...I have washed that car once, in past four or five? years.
We take it thru carwash, now. I still clean it, but no babying like I used to. I just don't feel the same way, and it's MY car.
We just associate certain experiences with objects sometimes and it is really hard to get over.
I know your feelings about your quilt might not change, bc hubby can't take back what he said, but I would tell him, how he made me feel, and the affect it has had on my being able to work on it. He should at least know, not to do this again in the future.