Thread: I'm in missery
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Edie

I have done that. I did it cleaning out a sewing box once on the floor, took me 45 minutes to pull myself up.

I lay on the floor, on my back, point your toes and try to stretch them to the wall. At the same time, put your arms straight out over your head then point your fingers and try to stretch them to the other wall. It takes pressure off the spasm'd muscles and relaxes them. There's no cure for a spazzed back, it'll feel better in about three days. Then you remember not to do what you did to cause it again. Not to worry! It never will happen. It'll be when you take clothes out of the dryer, or get out of the car, or mow the lawn, or shovel. (I had to crawl up 13 steps to get into the house when I did shoveling - of course that was oh, give or take, 30 years ago. I am an old pro at this. Oh, yah, and the doctor told me the reason it hurt me so bad was because I was standing straight. That's the key. Stand straight - don't favor it! You'll end up with a dowager's hump if you do. Just a little common sense info here from the straight-backed, old lady! Edie