View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Sierra

Sounds like my husband.... "Look at this! Just the sort of exciting color/design/batik you use." and into the "purchase pile it goes. He also (90% of the time) comes when I ask for a "consoltation" and helps me resolve small problems as they arise. He is also very good at colors most of the time, and he is (according to the eye doctor) essentially color-blind (maybe with the dots test, but not in reality!).

We all have material in our stash that we'll never use (tastes change) but I use mine for charity quilts. I figure that someone will like it, just as I love some quilt stores and really dislike others because of the fabric colors and designs.

Also, we've had grandkids with us this past month and one great activity is (for the younger ones) choosing a picture and going through my scraps drawer and choosing small pieces to cut out and make a picture. Awesome results! They go though Dover Press coloring books, kiddie picture books, lots of Native American books.... and the final pictures are really stricking.

Not to mention the fact that they are getting design/color/etc. training and are happily busy so I can help the older ones (a ten year old made her first quilt with fleece and a front of cotton designs which will go into her church's fall blanket drive).

Love my stash!