View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Cassews

Okay so I have to eat CROW, I never thought I would see Wal-Mart bring back the Fabric Department at one of our Wal-Marts here. I was shocked when we went into Wally to get the grandkids their school supplies (that mom can't find in UT) and there it was a sewing machine sitting on a shelf. I walked over and had to ask the 2 gentlemen standing there if I was seeing things or was it truly going to be a sewing department AGAIN. YES the manager replied: I stated they never should of gotten rid of it,and he agreed. Too many woman boycotted Wal-Mart with their decision (the emails/letters were over whelming he stated to bring back the department). He stated Wal-Mart made a big boo boo by trying to lure the men into shop for Electronics and competing with the big box items (men come in and buy their electronics and don't shop, women do !LOL) and getting rid of the Fabric Department. (all this time I am standing there talking to the managers, DH walked away but not out of hearing distance..LOL he said he didn't want to be embarassed if they weren't going to put back in the department and I would get upset!LOL).
So now I am going to be able to get my material from Jo-Ann's with their coupons (which is stated to open in November) & be able to buy whatever I feel like material/notions/etc wise at Wal-Mart (which the department will be open in a couple of weeks!). This will make many of the seniors happy who used to buy their fabric from Wal-Mart that was in their price range!