Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Wal Mart and the Fabric Department >

Wal Mart and the Fabric Department

Wal Mart and the Fabric Department

Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM

They re-did our store and all be got rid of our fabric dept it has one isle now and the fabic is awful, it used to be so nice, But! You should see the electronics dept it is about 15 rows now, that just sickens me, I would nt' buy electronics from them, afraid of quality and guarantees.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

All the precuts have been marked way down for several weeks now. Hopefully I'll be seeing some bolts soon!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Our Walmart never lost the fd, but is shrunk badly. That said, last I was there they are expanding again. When I asked if the department was growing, they said nothing offical yet and that is all they can say. hmmm...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 PM

I too have found the fabric coming back to my Wally stores...I am glad to see it......gives me a bit more to choose from.....those of you who have a HOBBY LOBBY have got it made tho.........when they mark the "good stuff" down to 2 & 3 dollars a yard, you can really get good buys and great fabrics (in my opinion, anyways).. I emailed them and begged them to come to my town, but they say "sorry, not yet".........I heard that WalMart has new management, and they demanded that the fabric be brought back, trying to make Wally the way it "used to be".....
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by 4dogs
I too have found the fabric coming back to my Wally stores...I am glad to see it......gives me a bit more to choose from.....those of you who have a HOBBY LOBBY have got it made tho.........when they mark the "good stuff" down to 2 & 3 dollars a yard, you can really get good buys and great fabrics (in my opinion, anyways).. I emailed them and begged them to come to my town, but they say "sorry, not yet".........I heard that WalMart has new management, and they demanded that the fabric be brought back, trying to make Wally the way it "used to be".....
I went into the one they are bringing the fabric dept back, well there is a few bolts, lots of notions, a few patterns (not the big file cabinets of patterns they had before),some sewing machines, it looks like it is still being set up so I will wait a few weeks to go back in . Some of the fabric they had in there was nice, other well .. umm lets just say they need to get their act together LOL, they will in a few weeks I am sure !lol
Management realizes women are the ones who shop and shop
we do very well ! We can spend hours drooling over a fabric to make a choice for a quilt, or an outfit. Deciding what notions to go with what outfit we are making.
Not to mention the dollars they lost when we boycotted/wrote letters and emails stating that some of us wouldn't shop there anymore due to the fact of no FD.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

The lady I spoke with at the Walmart fabric department in one of our Walmarts said they are all getting back fabric on the bolts. I hope that is really true.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by chichimamma
They re-did our store and all be got rid of our fabric dept it has one isle now and the fabic is awful, it used to be so nice, But! You should see the electronics dept it is about 15 rows now, that just sickens me, I would nt' buy electronics from them, afraid of quality and guarantees.
We have bought electronics from them-the quality is just as good as the big box stores of the items like Vizio, GE, etc.. They have the extra guarantee ( of course you pay for it just like at a big box store). Most warranties are guaranteed or supposed to be guaranteed by the maker of the electronics. We have taken items back within a thirty day period and either gotten our monies back or a different item and had no problems, which has been very rare for us. I have taken more electronic items back to Best Buy and Ultimate (when it was still in business here)Electronics than I have from Wally.